Enable NFS on OS X
Before we can connect to our NFS server we need to enable the NFS service on OS X. Oddly enough, the service doesn’t automatically start when you attempt to make a connection.
- Open a Terminal window.
- Start the NFS service.
sudo nfs start
When prompted, enter your password.
- Close the Terminal window.
Launch Connect to Server
- From the Finder menu, click Go
- Click Connect to Server from Go’s drop down menu.
- Alternatively, you can also press Command+K to launch Connect to Server.
Connect an NFS Share
- In the Server Address field, enter nfs:// to define the network protocol for CIFS, and then enter either the IP address or the hostname of the file server with the export path.
- To add the server to your Favorite Servers list, click the ‘+’ button.
- Click Connect to connect to the share.